Polar Prediction and Predictability Mailing List
To help connect sending and receiving parties, a dedicated electronic mailing list tailored to people interested in Arctic and Antarctic prediction and predictability is being set up. We will strive to keep you informed about upcoming events, recent findings, new papers and developments. To be added to the mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: subscribe prediction mailing list.
Polar Weather and Climate Predictability Calendar
In addition to the PCPI-specific events, we also maintain a calendar for all Polar weather and climate predictability events. Brought to you by the Climate and Cryosphere Project (CliC), the WWRP Polar Prediction Project (PPP), and the WCRP Polar Climate Predictability Initiative (PCPI). To add an event to this calendar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- White paper for the WCRP Grand Challenge “Cryosphere in a Changing Climate”
- Implementation strategy for the PCPI
- About the PPP
- Ocean’s Carbon and Heat Uptake: Uncertainties and Metrics – A Joint US CLIVAR/OCB Workshop, December 12-14, 2014, San Francisco, California
- Canziani, P.O., A. O’Neill, R. Schofield, M. Raphael, G. J. Marshall, and G. Redaelli, 2014: World Climate Research Programme Special Workshop on Climatic Effects of Ozone Depletion in the Southern Hemisphere. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 95, ES101–ES105.
- Swart, N. C., J. C. Fyfe, E. Hawkins, J.E. Kay and A. Jahn, 2015: Influence of internal variability on Arctic sea-ice trends, Nature Climate Change. 5, 86-89.
- Raphael, M., G. Marshall, J. Turner, R. Fogt, D. Schneider, D. Dixon, S. Hosking, J. Jones, and W. Hobbs, 2015: The Amundsen Sea Low: Variability, Change and Impact on Antarctic Climate. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc. doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-14-00018.1, in press.
- World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)
- SPARC (Stratospheric Processes and their Role in Climate)
- CliVar (Climate Variability and Predictability)
- GEWEX (Global Water Experiment)
- World Weather Research Programme – Polar Prediction Project (WWRP – PPP)
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR)
- International Arctic Science Committee (IASC)
- International Study of Arctic Change (ISAC)
- Globally Integrated Polar Prediction System (GIPPS)