-SOOS is a CliC endorsed project and a close partner.
The Southern Ocean Observing System (SOOS) released the 7th issue of its newsletter in November. SOOS Update is a quarterly newsletter that provides updates on recent SOOS activities and products.
This issue addressed the following:
– From the Executive Officer – Lots going on in the International Project Office over the last few months!
– ChinStrAP…not just a Penguin!
– SOCCOM is Launched!
– Italian Activities this Season
– Southern Ocean Network of Acoustics
– Continued Funding of the Palmer LTER
– Ice Shelf Action
– The Lonely Buoy: Southern Ocean Flux Station
– Ecological Connections on the West Antarctic Peninsula
– Italian Marine Observatory in the Ross Sea (MORSea)
– Recommendations: Oceanic Heat Transport to Floating Glaciers
– Antarctic Marine Conservation: Newly Agreed Measures