The Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Project of the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) is launching an open call for nominations to its Scientific Steering Group (SSG) for the period 2024 – 2027.
The SSG is the governing body of CliC and has the overall responsibility for planning, and implementing the CliC Strategy Plan 2022-2031 and monitoring its activities. The SSG helps shape the international research agenda and functions as an integrator of activities to avoid duplication of efforts. CliC´s vision for the coming decade is to achieve a system understanding of the global and regional cryosphere that includes the physical climate, ecosystems and inhabitants of cryosphere regions, as well as the cryosphere connections and feedbacks to climate and society.
SSG membership is initially for four years with possibility for two extensions of two years each. The terms of reference are as follows:
- Provide scientific guidance and oversight to CliC community and its activities
- Oversee specific CliC existing activities and launch new ones
- Liaise with other activities within WCRP and with the international cryospheric research community at large, partners, agencies and organisations.
- Engage with Early Career Researchers (ECR) networks (e.g., APECS, YESS, HYS, etc)
- Represent the CliC community in academic meetings and events
- Meet once a year
We seek nominations and self-nominations from scientists active in cryosphere-related research, both in the natural and social sciences, including those studying the interaction of ecosystems, fisheries and communities with the one or more cryosphere components.
To apply, please fill in the on-line application form.
Deadline 31st March 2023
For questions about the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org