The workshop will be held at the ZMAW Building Room 023 on the ground floor, Center for Climate System Analysis and Prediction (CliSAP), University of Hamburg, Bundessstraße 53, 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Mercure Hotel Hamburg Mitte, Schroederstrasse 3, 20146 Hamburg. Telephone: +49 40 45069-0 or +49 40 45069-2931. E-mail: h5394-RE@accor.com. When making a reservation please specify that it is for the “SeaIce Workshop”, in order to obtain a special rate.
Hotel Vorbach, Johnsallee 63-67, 20146 Hamburg, Telephone: +49 40 44182-666, E-Mail: email@example.com. When making a reservation please specify that it is for the “SeaIce Workshop”, in order to obtain a special rate.
Directions from Hamburg Airport to:
– Mercure Hotel Hamburg Mitte, Schroederstiftstr. 3, 20146 Hamburg. Take line S1 with direction to Blankenese, at station Barmbek change to line U3 with direction to Schlump-Hauptbahnhof Sued, your end station will be Schlump. The one way ticket costs 3 Euro. From there the hotel is in walking distance; from the station head toward Beim Schlump continue onto Schroederstiftstrasse. The hotel is at the corner to Rentzelstrasse. Hotels own directions can be found here
– Vorbach Hotel, Johnsallee 63, 20146 Hamburg. Take line S1 with direction to Blankenese, at station Hauptbahnhof change to S21 with direction Elbgaustrasse, your end station will be Dammtor (Messe/CCH). The one way ticket costs 3 Euro. From there the hotel is in walking distance. Get out of the station towards direction University / Rotherbaum and cross the street to get onto Rothenbaumchausee (The Shell gas station should be right of you), walk on Rothenbaumchaussee until Johnsallee and then turn left. The hotel is on the left hand side.
– Venue ZMAW, Bundesstrasse 53, 20146, Hamburg. Take line S1 with direction to Blankenese, at station Barmbek change to line U3 with direction to Schlump-Hauptbahnhof Sued, your end station will be Schlump. From there you can either take Bus 15 direction Alsterchausee and get off at stop Bundesstrasse or walk to the destination. The one way ticket costs 3 Euro.
Alternatively, you can take a taxi from the airport to your destination which should cost roughly 20 Euro.
Directions to ZMAW:
– From Mercure Hotel Hamburg Mitte, Schroederstiftstr. 3, 20146 Hamburg. You can walk to the venue: head left out of the hotel onto Schroederstiftstrasse (Actually the hotel is almost at the corner), turn left onto Rentzelstrasse and turn left onto Bundesstrasse, pass the DKRZ until you find a greenish modern 4-floors building on the left next to an ugly tall (18 floors) building with a huge construction area in front of it. The greenish building is your destination. Walking will take 5-8 minutes.
– From Vorbach Hotel, Johnsallee 63, 20146 Hamburg. You can take Bus 4, from stop Universitaet/Staatsbibliothek to stop Bundesstrasse in the direction of Wildacker. Alternatively you can walk to the venue, head left out of the hotel, cross Schlueterstrasse and walk straight through the University campus area. On the next street (Grindelallee) turn right and walk until there is a small parking area, café Backwahn, a Turkish bar to smoke water pipes and a NETTO marked on the right side and a Volksbank on the left side. Cross the street at the lights and enter the street next to the Volksbank (Sedanstrasse). Walk on this street until the end. The greenish modern 4-floors building across the street a bit to the left is your destination. Walking will take 12-15 minutes.
The website of the public transport is: http://www.hvv.de/en/index.php
If you need an invitation letter, visa letter, etc. please contact Stefan Kern.