The FUTURE EARTH April 2014 Newsletter is now available. In this issue:
- What should the future of global change research look like?
If the future of global change research were in your hands, what would you focus on? Identifying extinction hotspots, understanding the impacts of sea level rise, or investigating how cultural values influence perceptions of risk?
- Call for Funding Proposals: Transformations to Sustainability
Transformations to Sustainability is a new global research funding programme implemented by the International Social Science Council (ISSC) and intended to make a major contribution to the work of Future Earth. This preparatory call for seed funding will support up to 30 proposals of up to €30,000 per successful proposal, and will be followed by an open call for proposals for Transformative Knowledge Networks that will each receive up to €300,000 per year over a three-year period.
- Call for Funding Proposals: Arctic Observing and Research for Sustainability
The Belmont Forum, a group of international science funders, has released a call for proposals on Arctic Observing and Research for Sustainability. Grants of between €200,000 and €1 million are available for interdisciplinary, multinational research projects.
- Future Earth website launched
- More news and events from the global change community…
Subscribe to the FUTURE EARTH newsletter