THE CALL IS NOW CLOSED
Goal: CliC grants aim at increasing the engagement of Early Career Scientists in CliC. The project strives for gender balance and geographical diversity so submissions from regions currently under represented in CliC, such as Asia and Africa, are particularly encouraged.
Objectives: Applications shall target CliC´s vision and mission as described in the Strategic Plan 2022-2031, as well as to address one or more of its five strategic areas, as follows:
- Engagement of a broad and diverse community in cryosphere research
- Cryosphere ice loss- assessment and impacts
- Projection of future ice loss and impacts
- System description of the cryosphere regions
- Knowledge syntheses and communication to stakeholders
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc.
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis.
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations.
- Educational activities/capacity exchanges related to cryosphere research.
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes.
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making.
- Dissemination and outreach, e.g., production of media pieces highlighting CliC research and activities.
Not eligible costs:
- Instrumentation or equipment
Funding: CliC grants are up to a maximum of 10 000 Swiss Francs (CHF). Co-funding with other sources will be an advantage.
Timeline: Activities must be completed within one year after the project´s acceptance unless otherwise outlined in the proposal.
Who can apply:
- Early Career Scientist: students enrolled in a PhD programme and scientists who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by 1 March 2023. The period excludes career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- For research visits: the visiting institution must differ from the applicant´s country of origin and current country of residence.
Reporting: A scientific and finances report shall be submitted one month after completion of the activity.
- Quality of the research
- Relevance to CliC strategic areas
- Feasibility (timeline and budget)
- Clear deliverables/outcomes
Before you start filling in the application form, be sure to have the following documents ready.
- Activity description [Download the Activity Description template]
- Curriculum vitae [Download the CV template]
- For PhDs only: Letter from supervisor stating you are enrolled in a PhD program, and recommending the activity proposed.
- For research visits only: Confirmation from the host institution [Download the Host Institution template]
Save all documents as one pdf file named as follows: “YourLastName_Grant2022.pdf” and upload to the form.
Note: If you experience problems downloading the files, please contact email@example.com
Note: Applications that do not follow the templates provided or are incomplete will not be considered.
For inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org