The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and ISMASS (Ice sheet mass balance and sea level), a joint expert group of the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), the International Arctic Science Committee (IASC) and the WCRP Climate and Cryosphere Project (CliC) are announcing two exciting opportunities for early career researchers:
1. Opportunity for one early career researcher to sit on the ISMASS Steering Committee for a period of 2-3 years. (Note: the successful candidate is supposed to attend the ISMASS workshop mentioned below).
2. Several travel fellowships for early career researchers to attend the ISMASS Workshop (16 August 2015) on the Marine Ice Sheet and Ice Shelf‐Ocean Model Intercomparison Projects (MISMIP+, ISOMIP+, MISOMIP1) and the subsequent International Glaciology Society (IGS) 2015 Meeting on Ice Sheet Dynamics in Cambridge, UK (16-21 August 2015). More information on the workshop can be found here: http://www.climate-cryosphere.org/activities/groups/ismass/meetings/mismips-cambridge
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 June 2015 as a single pdf file:
- Statement of interest including
- if you are applying for a) only a travel fellowship, or b) for both, the ISMASS Steering Committee and a travel fellowship
- Information about your current research and why you would want to attend the workshop and meeting.
- A budget of expected costs for you to attend the workshop and meeting (including registration fees). Note: Funding amounts will be limited to 1000 Euros for Europeans and 1500 Euros for those from other continents.
- If you are applying also for the ISMASS Steering Committee, you should also include a statement of interest including your motivation for sitting on this committee and a clear commitment to be involved in this committee for at least the coming 2 years.