The 2015 ISMASS Steering Committee Meeting will be held on Tuesday, August, 5:30-7:30 PM, in conjunction with the IGS Symposium on Contemporary Ice-sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater, & non-linear effects at Churchill College, Cambridge, United Kingdom from 16th – 21st August 2015.
1) Reviewing the activities/workshops held since the 2014 Steering Committee Meeting
- Workshop on Constraining Uncertainty in Greenland Ice Sheet Surface Mass Balance Model Output and In Situ Validation, organized by Ed Hanna, at the University of Sheffield, in May 2015
- ISMASS Workshop on the Marine Ice Sheet and Ice Shelf‐Ocean Model Intercomparison Projects (MISOMIP), in Cambridge, UK on Sunday afternoon, 16 August 2015 from 2pm – 5pm
2) Future Activities
- Workshops already planned
- XXXIV SCAR Biennal Conference in 2016 in Malaysia with possibly a session Antarctica from Past 2 future (joined with SERCE, PAIS and AntClim21)
- Paper(s) – Ed Hanna suggested to revisit ISMASS Nature review paper.
3) Define a better long term Action Plan
4) Activities for young scientists and welcome to Ellyn Enderlin from the USA, new early carreer researcher member for the next few years.